Ben Kinsley’s projects have ranged from choreographing a neighborhood intervention into Google Street View, directing surprise theatrical performances inside the homes of strangers, organizing a paranormal concert series, staging a royal protest, investigating feline utopia, collecting put-down jokes from around the world, and planting a buried treasure in the streets of Mexico City (yet to be found).
He has exhibited internationally at venues such as: Queens Museum, NYC; Cleveland Museum of Art; Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) Cleveland; Bureau for Open Culture; Mattress Factory Museum, Pittsburgh; Flux Space, Philadelphia; Katonah Museum of Art, NY; Green on Red Gallery, Dublin; Centro di Cultura Contemporanea Strozzina, Florence; La Galería de Comercio, Mexico City; Catalyst Arts, Belfast; and ZKM Museum of Contemporary Art, Karlsruhe.
Ben has been an artist-in-residence at the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture; Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts; Skaftfell Art Center, Iceland; Askeaton Contemporary Arts, Ireland; and Platform, Finland. His work has been featured on NPR, Associated Press, The Washington Post, Artforum.com, Wired.com, Rhizome.org, and Hyperallergic, among others.
Short Summary CV (PDF)
SELECTED INTERVIEWS / LECTURES / WRITING
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center “In Studio” Interview
- PBS Arts District Feature
- Westword Colorado Creatives Feature
- NPR Weekend Edition Interview
- Surprisingly Awesome Podcast
- Yale University Radio Interview
- 2015 Summer Institute for Visual Arts Lecture
- MOCA Cleveland ArtCast Interview: Part 1 | Part 2
- The Making of “Street With A View” from Mattress Factory Museum
- Zen of the Woods: a Foray into Art and Mushrooming on Temporary Art Review
- -empyre- soft-skinned space Guest Moderator, “On Contamination”
PROJECT SITES & BLOGS
- The Yard: whatsintheyard.com
- Janks Archive: janksarchive.org
- Don’t Spit Can’t Swim Podcast: soundcloud.com/dontspit
- Janks Research Blog: janksarchive.tumblr.com
- A Costume Archive: kenbinsley.tumblr.com